Following last week’s piece on the Largest Series A Rounds of all time, we take a look at the largest Series B rounds this week. Armed with some publicly available data from our friends at CrunchBase, I broke down the 10 largest Series B rounds of all time in the US. I have included some additional information as well, such as year of funding, industry, original Series B investors, and current status of the company, to further the analysis. In order to maintain a focus on conventional tech startups, capital intensive cleantech and biotech companies were removed from the data.
- 7 of these 10 rounds took place 2010 onwards
- There is no specific industry bias.
- 2 of these companies are Y Combinator graduates
- Two of the founders from one company on this list went on to found one of the most respected venture capital firms in the world
- 4 of these companies IPO’ed, another has an IPO pending, and one is rumored to be IPO’ng in 2014. Only one company on this list was acquired and that was after an IPO.
- With the exception of one company, all of the companies are still operational in some capacity.