Armed with some publicly available data from our friends at CrunchBase, I broke down the 10 largest Series A rounds of all time in NYC. I have included some additional information as well, such as year of funding, industry, investors in the round, and current status of the company, to further the analysis. In order to maintain a focus on conventional tech startups, pharmaceutical and biotech companies were removed from the data.
- The largest Series A round in NYC history took place in 2014 TWEET THIS
- Goldman Sachs and Thrive Capital took part in 3 of the top 10 Series A financings in NYC TWEET THIS
- The largest Series A round in NYC history is in healthcare space TWEET THIS
- 1 of these companies was acquired in an asset disposition. 1 company merged and 8 of them are ongoing concerns.
- None of these companies have IPOd TWEET THIS