Today, I take a look at the 20 companies that have raised the largest startup funding rounds in New York City in 2017 using some data from our friends at Crunchbase. In addition to dollar amount, I have included industry, round, date of funding, total equity funding raised, founding year, and a brief description. Lastly, in order to maintain a focus on conventional tech-enabled startups, pharmaceutical, financing, real estate, and biotech companies were removed from the data.
- The 20 largest funding rounds in NYC in 2017 total $2.4B Tweet this
- The total funding raised in NYC in 2017 was over $6.6B Tweet this
- The top 20 rounds comprise 36% of the total $ amount raised in NYC in 2017 Tweet this
- 20.83% of the largest startup rounds in NYC in 2017 were for companies founded by at least 1 woman Tweet this
- 8.33% of the largest startup rounds in NYC in 2017 were for companies with a single founder Tweet this
The AlleyWatch audience is driving progress and innovation at a global scale. Reaching more individuals in a single month than every other tech-focused organization in NYC combined, AlleyWatch is the highway for technology and entrepreneurship in New York. There are a number of options to reach this audience of the world’s most innovative organizations and startups at scale including sponsoring a report like this. Find out more here.