Get a First Look at Companies You Will Read About Tomorrow
On March 18, we will gather top graduates in the process of fundraising to demo their products to an exclusive audience of investors, advisors, and press. There will also be a short talk on local entrepreneurship by Gabe Zicherman.
Who Should Attend?
Angel investors, early-stage venture capital firms, advisors, press, Founder Institute Mentors and Graduates are all invited to attend.
Gabe Zichermann, CEO Gamification Co & Dopamine Inc.
Gabe Zichermann is the chair of GSummit (SF, April 16-18, 2013) where top gamification experts across industries gather to share knowledge and insight about customer & employee engagement and loyalty. He is also an author, highly rated public speaker and entrepreneur whose next book, The Gamification Revolution (McGraw Hill, 2013) looks at how leaders are leveraging gamification strategy to crush the competition. His previous books, Gamification by Design (2011) and Game-Based Marketing (2010) have helped define the industry’s standards and frameworks, and continue to be key reference materials today. Gabe resides in New York City, where he is co-director of startup accelerator The Founder Institute, and a board member of StartOut.org.
- PathGather - A marketplace for online education that helps you find find and choose the right online course for you based on curated and rated content.
- TaxiBuddie - An app for a cost-saving and efficient taxi sharing solution in urban centers and airports.
- BikeMinds - An online community and matching app targeting motorcycle enthusiasts, allowing them to connect, network and shop.
- Unbound Learning- A sharing and collaboration platform that empowers educators to share resources and content to inspire students to learn.
- Brinkway - A one-stop destination to make ‘moving’ simple with online checklists and resources to help at each step of the way.
- HownDog- “How To” videos and resources for outdoor activities, along with one-click shopping to purchase all the materials necessary for experiencing that outdoor activity.
- 24/7 HouseCall- An online marketplace that connects users with beauty practitioners directly, bringing beauty services directly to the home- in the form of ‘house calls’.
- GPSem- RProvides real time tracking devices that are embedded in stylish and durable bracelet/wristband, targeting young children and elderly or disabled seniors.
- Maxamoo- Curated arts and culture email newsletter and website, initially focusing on NYC theater before expanding to other cities nationally.
6:30pm – 6:45pm: Networking
6:45pm – 7:00pm: Opening Remarks
7:00pm – 7:30pm: KeyNote by Gabe Zichermann
7:30pm – 8:30pm: Graduate Presentations
8:30pm – 9:00pm: Closing Reception & Networking with Drinks
About the Founder Institute
The Founder Institute is an early-stage startup accelerator and global launch network that helps entrepreneurs create meaningful and enduring technology companies. Through a four month program, existing and prospective founders can launch their dream company with expert training, feedback, and support from experienced startup CEOs – while not being required to quit their day job. Our unique Graduate Liquidity Pool also enables graduates and mentors to share in the equity upside of each class, creating local, teamwork-based ecosystems where great new businesses can flourish.
The Founder Institute has been operating in New York since 2010, graduating over 50 local technology companies in that time. In just over three years of operation, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 565 companies across 28 cities, 13 countries, and five continents – making us the world’s largest startup accelerator.
To learn more, visit FI.co, follow us on @founding, or Like us on Facebook.