Today, I took the time to scour through some data from our friends at CrunchBase to isolate the most active New York City venture capital firms that are investing in the largest number of deals (this analysis is not based on dollar amounts) across all stages of the venture cycle. Hopefully, as you seek out your next round, this will be a handy guide to know where the dollars are pouring in from in the NYC ecosystem. Included for each firm is the number of investments made in 2016 YTD, total funds raised, and the companies that the venture firms have invested in this year.
While examining the data, it is important to keep the following in mind as these factors do have an impact on the data:.
- The data is current of 10/11/16.
- Only NYC venture capital firms were considered for this analysis. This does not include data from NYC accelerator programs.
- Only venture firms with their headquarters in NYC were considered.
- The number of investments reflects total firm investments and not just companies in NYC.
- Click here for a full list of venture capital firms in NYC.
- Investments from investment banks and other non-venture firms were not included.