Thanks for your interest in becoming an AlleyWatch Guest Contributor! We are always on the lookout for new writers to round out our coverage of the startup scene with their unique insights and experiences.
We ask that you kindly consent to the following before entering our review process:
- We appreciate your interest in becoming a contributor. Due to the high volume of submissions, we receive we are not able to guarantee that your content will be published.
- AlleyWatch maintains a balanced editorial perspective. We do not accept contributions that read as promotional material or personal marketing efforts. Please ensure that the focus of your contribution is in providing an audience with engaging information and insights.
- The content that you submit must be your original work and cannot have been previously published elsewhere. AlleyWatch reserves the right to immediately, and without prior warning, remove any and all content from the site if it is suspected of plagiarism or found to have been previously published to another source.
- AlleyWatch reserves the right to modify and edit content in the interest of clarity, brevity, grammar, and conformity with the style of the publication. AlleyWatch also reserves the right to reject articles that require heavy editing or modification.
- Content must include a title, no longer than 10 words.
- Content must be between 600-1,200 words. If you are asked to become a guest contributor you will have the opportunity to pitch longer pieces to our Editor In Chief.
- Guest Contributors are limited to two relevant in-post links per submitted content piece. These links should not direct to your company or personal website. No affiliate links are permitted in the body of the content, but you may include additional links to your website and social accounts in the “About the Author” section, see below.
- AlleyWatch reserves the right to immediately, and with no prior warning, remove any and all content that it believes has been obtained illegally or without the express consent and knowledge of their creators.
- Content must include an “About the Author” section written in the third person. This bio must be no longer than 200 words and may contain links to your company or website. Also separately include links to your social media accounts that you would like readers to visit including Twitter. Please include this at the bottom of the word document submission. Your headshot for your author profile will be pulled from Twitter as well.
- AlleyWatch does not compensate Guest Contributors, but does grant contributors proper attribution to all of their work published on the site.
- If your content is chosen for publication we also ask that you promote it to your social media channels. Upon publishing of the content, you will be tagged on Twitter and the email from which you submitted the content will receive a notification.
- In choosing to submit content you grant AlleyWatch a royalty-free, exclusive license to publish, excerpt, edit, modify, and repurpose your content as needed. This license goes into effect the day your content is published to the site. This license cannot be revoked or modified after you have chosen to submit your content. You will be given proper attribution to all of your work published to the site.
- AlleyWatch reserves the right to syndicate any submitted content to its affiliate properties under the same terms listed above.
- Please submit all content as a word document.
If you have any questions about these guidelines please contact us at email@example.com. No pitches should be submitted via this address as they will be invariably deleted.
If you agree to the guidelines and would like to submit your content for consideration then please visit: Write for Us.