Today, I took the time to scour through some data to isolate the most active New York City venture capital firms that are investing in the greatest number of NYC startups (this analysis is not based on dollar amounts) across all stages of the venture cycle. As you seek out your next round, hopefully, this will serve as a handy resource to know where the dollars are pouring in from in the NYC tech ecosystem. Included for each firm is the number of investments made in NYC startups in 2019 and the names of the NYC startups that the venture firms invested in during the year.
Click on the chart to enlarge
While examining the data, it is important to keep the following in mind as these factors do have an impact on the data:
- The data is current as of 1/12/19.
- Only NYC venture capital firms were considered for this analysis. This does not include data from NYC accelerator programs.
- Only venture firms with their headquarters in NYC were considered.
- The number of investments reflects total firm investments in companies that are based, founded, and headquartered in NYC.
- Click here for a full list of venture capital firms in NYC.
- Investments from investment banks and other non-venture firms were not included.
- Our data set is not 100% complete, some rounds are not disclosed nor have regulatory filing and therefore are not included in this analysis.
Nominations are now open for AlleyWatch’s 2020 NYC Tech Influencers feature.
Know someone amazing who belongs on this list? Nominate them today here. Nominations open until 2/4. Looking to drive targeted response from the NYC Tech community at scale, learn more about partnering with AlleyWatch on this initiative here.