Today, we take a look at the 20 companies that have raised the largest startup funding rounds in New York City in 2018 using some data from our friends at Crunchbase. In addition to the dollar amount, we have included a brief description. industry, round type, total equity funding raised, funding round details, links to full interviews with the CEOs and Founders of these fast-growing companies. Lastly, in order to maintain a focus on conventional tech-enabled startups, pharmaceutical, financing, real estate, and biotech companies were removed from the data.
- The 20 largest startup funding rounds in NYC in 2018 total $4B Tweet This
- The total startup funding raised in NYC in 2018 was over $11.05B Tweet This
- The top 20 startup funding rounds comprise 36% of the total dollar amount raised in NYC in 2018 Tweet This
- 14.81% of the largest startup rounds in NYC in 2018 were for companies founded by at least 1 woman; down from 20.83% in 2017 Tweet This
- 11.11% of the largest startup rounds in NYC in 2018 were for companies with a single founder; up from 8.33% in 2017 Tweet This
Nominations are closing soon for AlleyWatch’s 2019 NYC Tech Influencers feature.
Know someone amazing who belongs on this list? Nominate them today here. The nomination deadline has been extended until 1/10. Looking to drive targeted response from the NYC Tech community at scale in 2019, learn more about partnering with AlleyWatch on this initiative here to reach your target audience at scale.